Cancer is one of the lethal diseases that have caused mayhem in the world for decades. Just after lung cancer, Breast cancer causes the second maximum number of deaths in women and it is becoming common every passing day.
Scientist, doctors have been tremendously studying the breast cancer causes, the roots of it for ages which has dramatically increased the rates of successful treatments.
Knowing the symptoms is very important
Breast carcinoma can be invasive or non-invasive, but it is always good to be aware of the breast cancer symptoms so that swift treatment can be availed if any of the below are experienced by a woman.
- Regular paining of the breast or even the armpits which is recurring for every month. However, there can be many causes of breast pain.
- Reddening or a rash on the nipples or around the areas
- Change in the shape of the nipples. It can sink inside or get inverted
- Noticeable change in the breast size
- Blood containing discharge from the nipples
- Formation of rough skin with pits on the breasts
- Scaled skin on the nipple or breasts.
It is often possible to notice lumps by touch. Even though all such lumps are cancerous but if noticed, they must be checked by a professional.
Breast cancer causes can be varied. But if anything irregular is noticed, that must be given immediate medical attention.
The science behind breast cancer Causes:
The most common type of breast cancer is the one that starts in the milk ducts and tends to spread to the rest of the body. The other types start inside lobules and later on invade the neighboring tissues.
The explicit reason behind this onset is still ambiguous, but the experts have picked out some of the probable causes and risks. Some of them are:
- Increasing age. At younger age, the chances are as slim as 0.6 percent. But with age it escalates to 3.84 percent for those aged 70 years.
- Genetic combination brings forth higher risks. TP53, BRCA1 and BRCA2 if are usually passed down from mother to daughter. These genes may induce Ovarian or breast cancers.
- Too much of estrogen. Thus Women who breastfeed for a year or more are less likely to have cancer in the breast.
- Early starts to menstruation or late menopause are also breast cancer causes.
- Alcohol consumption
- Exposure to radiation and hormonal treatments
- Obesity, since it increases estrogen and thus the chances of cancer
Good health, low stress can help prevent cancer.
Methods followed to treat breast cancer:
The treatment entirely depends on the age, health, hormone sensitivity of the patient and the type, stage of cancer.
Some of the commonly used methods which are used in prevention of breast cancer are:
- Spot treatment using drugs
- radiation process
- Hormone therapy
Extensive treatments have been introduced already which is ensuring better lives to the patients.
Surgery may include removal of the tumor which may affect the healthy tissues around. But this process is beneficial if the tumor is secluded and small.
Mastectomy involves eliminating the breast ducts, nipple, lobules and some of the chest muscles as well.
Success rates are higher these days and have led many women to normal lives.